Maximum mass of
Digit 4 - Fire behaviour
- Grade 0: Not suitable for use on fire/smoke door assemblies.
- Grade 1: Suitable for use on fire/smoke door assemblies, subject to satisfactory assessment of the contribution of the door closer to the fire resistance of specified fire/smoke assemblies. This is assessed outside of BS EN 1154.
Digit 5 - Safety
Grade 1: All door closer devices are required to satisfy the essential requirement of safety in use.
Digit 6 - Corrosion resistance
- Grade 0: No defined corrosion resistance.
- Grade 1: Mild resistance.
- Grade 2: Moderate resistance.
- Grade 3: High resistance.
- Grade 4: Very high resistance.
The following marking denotes a closer capable of opening to 180°, with a range of power sizes from size 3 to size 6, suitable for fire door use with high corrosion resistance.